Nothing matters more than a great client experience, and knowing that at the end of the day you have the right people, doing the right thing for their clients because that is who they are, not because that is what you pay them to do. That is exactly what Kim Brown has been delivering for more than 20 years. As President at JNBA, Kim has been the champion of JNBA’s service-oriented culture, working closely with JNBA Advisory Teams to consistently reinforce and enhance the level of service the firm provides to its wealth management clients. She was the leading force behind shifting JNBA to a team-based customer-service approach, involving various disciplines from across the firm, and continues to be the visionary behind new service initiatives and communication enhancements at the firm. JNBA’s commitment to client service has earned the firm a 97% client retention rate since 2001.
Since joining the firm in 2006, Kim’s intuitive business skills and passion for financial planning have helped elevate JNBA‘s profile in Minnesota and across the country. Kim has taken a national leadership role as a proponent of independence in the wealth-management industry, and most recently has focused her efforts on how to best prepare the next generation of financial advisors to address the challenges and opportunities of the future through JNBA’s own programs and through mentorship to her peers.
Kim’s educational and previous work experience provide a unique perspective on the financial services industry, leading to the trend-setting structure and processes the firm practices today:
- CEO at Pass-Go Consulting (2005-2006)
- Director of Marketing at Farr Development (2003-2005)
- Senior Vice President at Colle McVoy (1989-2003)
- Undergraduate – University of Mary
She has been cited in the media and at industry events, including:
- Top 25 Women in Finance by Finance & Commerce magazine (2018, 2011, 2009)
- Women in Business Honoree, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2012)
- TD Ameritrade National Conference (2014)
Kim sat on a panel with other industry leaders to speak about the Next Generation of Advisors, citing her experience with JNBA’s growing internship program and involvement in the creation of the University of Minnesota Duluth’s Financial Planning Minor.
- Women Advisor Forum (2014)
A keynote at this conference, Kim shared perspective on the role women play in the financial services industry to a group of leading women advisors from around the country.
- Twin Cities Business magazine, “How to Take Charge of your Retirement” (June 2014)
- Minnesota Monthly magazine, “How to Choose an Advisor” (August 2014), “Looking Beyond Returns” (August 2015)
A family and firm passion, Kim is an active volunteer or board member with the following organizations:
- TD Ameritrade Advisor Panel (2019-present)
- NIFAP Study Group (2006-present)
- National group consisting of 30 independent advisors around the country who manage a total of $8 billion in assets and meet quarterly to share best practices.
- Starkey Hearing Foundation – 2011 and 2012 Awards Gala Honorary Chair
- Angel Foundation – Board Member, 2012 and 2013 Gala chair, and active volunteer
- Jefferson Awards for Public Service – Board Member
- Dress for Success – Supporter, sponsor, and active volunteer providing financial education
- Global Rights for Women – Board Member
Favorite quote: “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -John Quincy Adams