5 Questions to Help Ensure You're Working with the Right Financial Advisor
Before you start working with a financial advisor, ask these five questions to discover if you are receiving conflict-free, independent advice from experienced professionals:
- Are you held to a fiduciary standard in all dealings with me and my financial affairs?
- Do you disclose all conflicts of interest, both actual and potential, that exist or might exist in my relationship with you?
- Do you forego any type of commission-based compensation in favor of receiving all compensation via fees that are fully disclosed in dollar terms?
- Do you provide full-service, comprehensive financial life planning services as well as investment advisory services?
- If you provide full-service, comprehensive financial life planning services, are these services performed by individuals that have obtained the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) certification?
JNBA’s answer to all of these questions is a resounding “yes.” We’re strong believers in the importance of always keeping our clients’ best interests in mind, and we work every day to ensure that they benefit from our independence which allows us to provide conflict-free advice.
Want to learn more about how we work? Contact us today.