To help ensure year-end strategies and appropriate paperwork are executed in time, TD Ameritrade deadlines are below. Please be aware that some deadlines are 2-3 weeks earlier than previous years.
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs): December 1
- Roth IRA Conversions: December 1
- Establishing a 2021 Qualified Retirement Plan (QRP): Plan sponsor’s tax filing deadline, plus extensions
- Checks issued from an IRA account for a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) that clear by December 31, 2021, will be reported on the 1099-R tax form for 2021.
Charitable gift deadlines:
- Gift requests of mutual funds: December 6
- Gift requests between accounts custodied at TD Ameritrade: December 27
- Gift requests of cash delivered via check and/or federal funds wire: December 27
- Gift requests of equities and fixed-income products to external accounts: December 15
For those who have an American Endowment Foundation (AEF) donor advised fund:
- Opening a new account: December 13
- Funding an existing account:
- Using cash: December 31
- Using public securities: December 31
- Using alternative assets: Please consult with your JNBA Advisory Team
- Grant deadline via DonorCentral:
- For accounts established and funded before November 2021: December 17
- For new accounts established and funded in November 2021: December 1
- For new accounts established and funded in December 2021: Grants will be processed in January 2022
If you have any questions on these upcoming deadlines, including how they may affect your specific tax planning or gifting planning strategies, please reach out to your JNBA Advisory Team at your earliest convenience.
JNBA is not an accountant and no portion of the above should be construed as accounting advice. All accounting issues should be addressed with an accounting professional of your choosing.
Due to various factors, including changing market conditions and/or applicable laws, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. Moreover, you should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this blog serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from JNBA Financial Advisors, LLC.
Please see important disclosure information at www.jnba.com/disclosure