Michael focuses on helping executives maximize their stock option programs, developing comprehensive diversification strategies for concentrated stock positions, and finding a balance between the need to diversify while maximizing tax efficiencies. With 22 years in the industry, he is highly qualified in all areas of wealth management, and a veteran in financial/retirement and estate planning and plays a key role in the firm’s peer review process of financial plan development. He enjoys working closely with families to help them realize their lifelong goals by bringing an honest, objective and sophisticated approach to sound financial and risk management.
Prior to joining JNBA, Michael worked as an Investment Manager and Trust Administrator at Norwest Bank.
Michael’s professional highlights include:
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Chartered Advisor for Senior Living™ (CASL®)
- Retired Income Certified Professional® (RICP®)
- Member of the Financial Planning Association of Minnesota
- Graduated with degrees in financial management and communications from the University of St. Thomas
- Attended Carlson School of Management, Masters of Business Administration in Financial Management program
- Multi-year Five Star Wealth Manager Recipient
When he is not at work, Michael is actively involved in coaching youth athletics for his two teenage boys.
Favorite quote: “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” -Thomas Edison